Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Millie (Part 2)

It has been one whole year since Millie joined us at 4:01 AM on this date. It has certainly been an interesting and great year. I was never too sure what to expect from fatherhood before Millie arrived, but I can say that it has been better than anything I could ever have expected. In an effort to be sure to remember as many special moments as I can, here are a few of the things that I will remember from Millie’s first year:
  • Shannon’s tears of joy when I showed her the baby to be named Millie
  • How much Shannon is a natural and awesome mommy
  • How small she was when she was born (and really how small she still is!)
  • How Millie knows what she wants!
  • The first diaper change
  • Millie’s first laughs
  • Pacing around and bouncing Millie to get her to sleep (both around the house and in the sleepy hallway)
  • What it is like to travel with a rock star (we get a lot of attention from strangers sometimes due to Millie’s cuteness)
  • Millie’s big smile when I get home from work
  • The smile on Millie’s face when she does something that she thinks is pretty awesome (or mischievous!)
  • Millie and Shannon playing in the front yard when I get home from work
  • Her fuzzy (and crazy) hair
  • Millie pointing at things
  • Millie helping me make coffee

I could go on and on for awhile, but I think that pretty much sums it up! We are sad that many of you are too far away to help us celebrate this day. We appreciate everyone who has sent presents and happy thoughts our way. We really appreciate everything. It has been hard for us to be away from everyone, but in the end that makes the three of us rely on each other that much more – we have to be a tight knit family and that is a pretty good silver lining for us.

Happy Birthday Millie! Looking forward to another fun year!

1 comment:

  1. Millie is so lucky to have such a wonderful Daddy who loves her so much!

    ReplyDelete