Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Breakin' the Law at 18-months

Millie had her 18-month appointment on Friday. Scott and I were both lucky enough to be able to go. She did a great job considering all the waiting we had to do. She impressed the Dr. with both her language and her level of activity. She's still our little chickpea. She weighed in at 19lb 9oz and measured at 31 inches. (given her stats, it's not surprising she still fits in her clothes from last summer!) So, technically, Millie should still be facing backwards in her car seat. We got a little optimistic about her weight about a month ago though and went ahead and turned her around (children aren't supposed to be turned around until 1 year AND 20 pounds...). Which means we've turned Millie into a little law breaker. I don't have the heart to turn her back around while we wait for this last 1/2 pound to come on. She's just too long now! I can't believe they don't take height into consideration too... . I have to believe she is safer this way at her age and height. And I just feel better being able to turn around and see her pretty face! We ended the appointment with a couple of shots which Millie handled well considering she was VERY ready to get out of that little exam room (which we had been in for about an hour). After the appointment we were all treated to dinner out at a Mexican restaurant :). Not a bad way to end a Friday night!

1 comment: