Good Signs
Well, I can't say when, but this baby is definitely coming. We had another Dr.'s visit on Wednesday and in addition to the usual measuring she did an exam. I was almost 1 cm dilated and about 75% effaced. Nothing to get too excited about -- that can all mean days or weeks until the baby is here -- but it's nice to know that my body has started the pre-labor process. Other good signs (I apologize to any men out there reading this...): WAY more need to use the bathroom, which is an indication that baby has moved down a bit and is pressing on my bladder; lots more swelling in my ankles (which I hate) and crampy feelings (also indications that baby is lower down); an increase in Braxton-Hicks contractions; and this last one is definitely WAY too much information, I'm sure ... but I just lost my mucus plug -- again, though this could mean baby in a few days or not for two more weeks (which would be when we're expecting baby...). No pre-labor pains at the moment so that is good. I'd kinda like this baby to wait for my parents to get here next weekend!! Just in case though, I'm going to go pack the hospital bags :D.
It sounds like things are definitely progressing - I'm sure that you are so excited to meet this new little one and get labor over with. At least this one is heading in the right direction! Tell your Dad to call us as soon as the baby is here.
ReplyDeleteSending good thought your way,
Patti