The calendar says "fall" but the temperatures in St. Louis sure don't. It's been in the upper 80's all weekend! I'm all for warm weather, but I also enjoy cool, crisp, sunny fall days. The kind that just beg for apple picking and warm cider. We pretended it was one of those days yesterday and headed to Eckert's in Illinois with the whole family. The warm weather brought out big crowds, so we were happy that we started our day early. The girls loved the tractor ride, the fresh apples straight from the tree, lunch out, and of course all the good company! Scott and I were also very impressed with the new market at the Orchard -- lots of yummy and fresh food for sale! We followed up our busy day yesterday with a quiet day at home today filled with chores and lots of play time. It may not feel like fall, but it was still a pretty perfect weekend. Happy that tomorrow is Monday and I get one more day at home with my girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment