Pages

Sunday, January 02, 2011

Headbands, Bows and Clips -- Oh My!!

I have many de-cluttering/organization projects that I am itching to tackle around the house.  Unfortunately, not many of them were started let alone finished over our holiday "break."  To be fair, I only had two extra days off (Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve) and not a full two weeks.  The things I did accomplish?  De-cluttering the side of the fridge (yeah, I started with the easy stuff!) and organizing all of the girls' hair accessories.  The latter was done today and involved a bit of crafting so it was actually fun :).  Millie and I made a headband holder (out of an empty oatmeal container) and a bow holder (out of canvas and ribbon).  Both tasks were so simple and fast and inexpensive that I just might be making more of them for the fun of it!  If you are a girl or the parent of a girl watch out -- you might get one as a gift! :). 
Headband Holder
total cost: about $1.00 for the paper
oatmeal container -- cleaned out, label peeled off and replaced with pretty scrap-booking paper (1 1/2 pieces)
the lid took a couple of coats of paint to cover since it was black

the finished product (the lid was still drying)


I did also buy these little containers to help keep the inside storage organized ...


Bow Holder
Total cost: hard to say... I did buy a lot of ribbon for this, but we used very little on this project, so the actual cost probably didn't amount to much.  We already had the canvas and paint

putting my pro-painters to work.  Millie of course chose pink

the ribbon after I stapled it on

hanging in the girls' bathroom adorned with all of our bows and clips! 

Of course, now I really want to paint the girls' bathroom and get new bath accessories.  The ducks kind of clash with all that pink!  That will be a project for another day...

2 comments:

  1. Grandma10:00 AM

    So cute, you can use left over ribbon to make more bows for the girls.. Great job...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the oatmeal container headband holder! We'll definitely be creating one for Gracie!

    I loved all of your Christmas pictures in your previous blog entries. Looks like you all had a wonderful holiday season!

    Love,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete