Pages

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Winds are brewin'

Wind's in the east, mist comin' in.
Like something is brewin' about to begin
Can't put me finger on what lies in store
But I feel what's to happen, all happened before
~Mary Poppins 

Yes, something is about to happen that has all happened before...  After lots of consideration and many different factors, I have 
decided to become a stay-at-home mom.  Again.  In fact, last Friday was my last day with clients.  This week was supposed to be
my week to finish up reports, evals, progress updates and get my files in order.  I've been thwarted a bit by mother nature, but the
end of the tunnel is very much in sight.  I have a lot of mixed feelings about making this transition again -- happy, excited, nervous,
sad to say goodbye to my clients, fearful ... .  I'm also feeling much more prepared this time around now that I've got over a year of 
being a mom of two under my belt.  It also helps that the girls are at the ages they are.  But I also know my weaknesses now and 
have been working to plan for them.  And I've been figuring out my limits so that my expectations for what happens on any given
day are appropriate.  I can't "put my finger on what lies in store" exactly, but that's okay -- I'm ready to see where these winds 
take us :). 

2 comments:

  1. Mom Reithel10:43 AM

    You will do good, the girls will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will never regret the time you stay home with the kids. Life will be easier in lots of ways...of course there IS the whole lack of money thing but you'll survive, we did and your parents did too. Good for you! Enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete