Pages

Thursday, July 07, 2011

Transformed

The girls' room has finally been transformed into a "pretty" room.  It needs a few more accessories for the walls, but those will come with time.  I'm pretty happy with it and so are the girls!

The reading corner -- what's better than sitting under your favorite tree (complete with fancy pink leaves) and reading a good book, no matter what the weather is like?  Merrill will be getting a matching pink chair for her birthday so both girls will be able to get cozy and read.

Still room for some familiar faces

a little butterfly garden

Hopefully this room is acceptable for at least the next 10 years :)!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:19 AM

    Adorable. I believe I recognize some old friends that have been given a new lease on life. I'm sure the girls are thrilled. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma10:31 AM

    Love your room girls, can't wait to see it in person, love Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sandi. Grandpa did a great job on the beds, didn't he. On their third generation of Ross kids :). Were they ever yours? Millie REALLY wanted to bunk them, but given her track record with chairs and broken bones we decided to hold off for a few years :). Grandpa restored the desk too (a couple of times) but I think that was an adult/young adult find of his.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:43 PM

    No, the bunk beds were "boy" beds. I had the spindle beds. Not sure where they are these days. I seem to remember the desk down in the basement when we were kids. Rick, correct me if I'm wrong. I remember he refinished an "heirloom" bookcase as well. We had it when Rick and I shared a room on Sycamore that had clown wallpaper. We were probably about 4 and 6.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dad confirmed that he and Jim had the beds as well as Patti and Barb. My mom actually slept in them too when she lived there! The little bookcase in there was yours. I think he scrounged the desk from the high school ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:56 PM

    Not sure "scrounged" is the right term. I actually bought it as a momento of my days at good old St T (paid $1.50 as I recall). In all liklihood, Sandi sat in this very desk back when she was a well bred young Catholic girl.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete