The kids and I carved our pumpkins Tuesday afternoon. We were a little behind on our Halloween prep because of Millie's birthday party and I wasn't sure how pumpkin carving on my own with three little ones would go. But, it was a beautiful day out and we had the pumpkins, so it was worth a shot. Plan A was for Teddy to fall asleep in his seat while the wind gently rocked him and for the girls to scoop out the majority of the "goop" under my supervision after I cut off the tops of the pumpkins. Three guesses as to how that plan worked out :). Teddy was tired, but not interested in going to sleep on his own and the girls were more than a little leery of the "goop" . On to Plan B. There wasn't really a Plan B, so I had to improvise. I stuck Teddy in the Ergo sling and did the bulk of the cleaning out -- though Millie enjoyed picking through the goop to get the seeds out -- and then did my best to carve the faces that the girls wanted. Millie drew her own face on and Merrill directed me in drawing hers. (Teddy slept snuggled up against my chest in the sling for the whole thing).
Content to sit in the sun for a little while, but not long enough!
Merrill has learned how to "pump" on the swings so it's her new favorite outside activity and playing in dirt and leaves has always been one of Millie's favorite activities!
Millie's pumpkin
I know fancy carvings are "in" these days, but we went the traditional
(and simple) route. Not bad for a last-minute-no-Plan-B-job!
Sorry my last comment was for the pumpkin carvings.
ReplyDeleteWe knew what you meant ;). Hope you are enjoying your last weeks in Michigan!
ReplyDelete