Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

{First Day of Kindergarten -- Millie Edition}

Well, we made it through the morning with no tears (Millie's or mine).  We walked Millie to school as a family and Scott and Teddy went on and walked Merrill to school while I waited with Millie for the doors to open and walked her to her classroom.  I did a lot of deep breathing as I walked to school hand-in-hand with Millie.  Urging myself to just take the moment in and remember it because it would be a fleeting one.  Millie and I both had some nerves and a few crooked, uncertain smiles and it was so hard to let her go on the last hug, but we did it.  She whispered a quiet "I want YOU" with a slight quiver in her voice and gave my hair one last hold.  I hugged her tight, told her I loved her and that she would do great.  I walked out of the room feeling more than a little lost.  I only hope she wasn't feeling the same.  I met Scott and Teddy back in front of the school and we had a quiet walk home.  (and now I'm crying...)  3:40 seems so far away...

please forgive all of the pictures ...  I'm invoking a mother's right to over-indulge and over-document every moment ...

I actually had to wake her this morning a little before seven ...  excited to use her new swirly straw cup from her friend.  A bonus to the swirly straw cup, as we discovered this morning, it prevents face from getting covered in chocolate milk!

 Millie made sure that I did not forget to "sneak" a few notes into her lunchbox :).  She snuck some around the house yesterday for everyone in the family.







 Teddy was not so much into doing a photo shoot -- he just wanted to play!

 Merrill was quick to remind me that I took pictures of Millie on her first day so I should take pictures of her today.  Happily, my dear :)

 Always watching those sisters

Millie's turn to twirl

 ready to go




 Millie -- my girl who always takes the time to stop and pick flowers (and give them to people she loves).  Today was no exception.



 saying goodbyes


 getting a little nervous ... (and probably wishing I'd stop taking pictures!)



 and then there was one...

2 comments:

  1. Grandma12:24 PM


    what great pictures Millie and Merrill, Congrats, Millie such a big girl, You will do great, Love you Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me crying too! I'm scared of all of this! I've never really understood why this day was so hard for parents until I had a baby of my own :( I just put away a bunch of baby stuff last night- ALREADY!! I guess it's just part of the journey. And exciting in a lot of ways too. You are such a good mom to each of your kids (although I'm with Teddy on this one... get on that 1st Birthday blog situation quick ;). And I love how you make time for each of them. I'm learning a lot from you.

    ReplyDelete