Pages

Saturday, November 09, 2013

Say What?

I am loving this stage of development for Teddy.  His personality and appetite and language have all just exploded in the past month.  I don't know if it's the mom in me, the speech-language therapist or both, but I am just awed every time I watch one of our kids (or any kids) figure language out.  It is just so fun.  He understands just about everything we say to him (at least it seems that way) and he follows directions really well.  I'm all for the development of independence and thinking for one's self, but it's really nice to have a child that just does what I ask without questioning.  Now, Teddy's pronunciation isn't perfect, he's got lots of words and works really hard to make sure we know what he is trying to communicate.  I don't know if anyone besides Scott and I would understand some of these (though he is adding more sounds and getting more clear every day) and some would even be hard for us out of context, but here's a running list of what we hear everyday:
  1. dog
  2. woof
  3. meow
  4. neigh
  5. quack
  6. hot
  7. on 
  8. off
  9. up
  10. down
  11. eat
  12. milk
  13. water
  14. bar
  15. be (banana)
  16. here
  17. hug
  18. Millie
  19. Merrill
  20. mama 
  21. dada
  22. thank you
  23. uh-oh
  24. door
  25. out
  26. swing
  27. baby
  28. ball
  29. truck
  30. bird
  31. rock-rock
  32. book
  33. dance
  34. oink
  35. cheese
  36. hummus
  37. sit
  38. wee-oooo (siren noises)
  39. Bob (our neighbor)
  40. Lainie
  41. Grandpa
  42. bed
  43. monkey
  44. weee
  45. straw
  46. strawberries
  47. clap
  48. feet
  49. hat
  50. balloon
  51. broc (broccoli)
  52. guitar
  53. hi
  54. bye
  55. night-night
  56. bus
  57. eye
  58. nose
  59. read
He's also started nodding his head yes, giving great hugs and kisses to people (especially his sisters and other little kids), loves to play with the girls and their friends and chases them all over the playground on play dates, has learned how to squeal just a loud as the girls, loves to talk to people when we are out and is always making friends, loves music and dancing, loves all things trucks and balls, runs and climbs and jumps, loves to play ring-around-the-rosie and peek-a-boo and hide-and-seek, likes to sing ABCs, Happy Birthday, and If You're Happy and You Know It, loves to eat hummus by the spoonful, is learning how to tease his sisters and his cousin and keeps us laughing everyday.  He is always described as a happy boy, and nothing could make me happier.

Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Grandma8:23 AM

    Can't wait to hear all those words in person, and get those hugs and kisses from all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to work on getting Lolo added to that list ;) he really has exploded lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's working really hard on Peyton and Charlie -- we'll get LoLo in there too :). Looking forward to your visit, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete