In between soccer games and family celebrations, Scott and I spent a lot of time Saturday afternoon/night and Sunday morning getting ready for Millie's birthday party. You know, because TWO birthday celebrations in one week just aren't enough ... . This party was more about Millie and her friends, though she had lots of family join us for this celebration too (again, such a blessing to be surrounded by family members who take such an active roll in our children's lives). I'll give you one guess as to the theme ...
![]() |
| white chocolate covered marshmallows |
Yep. Legos! The girls LOVE playing little legos and Millie will happily build away down in the basement for hours, so this was the perfect party choice for her.
![]() |
| Scott's lego men -- that's batman there on the right :) |
I really try not to go overboard with the sweets at birthday parties -- generally sticking to just the cake, but this year I couldn't resist the lego head marshmallow pops. They were just too cute. The cupcakes generally come about because I have extra cake batter ...
setting the scene for a 7th birthday party
see -- healthy lego people too!
It was really hard to resist all of the cute lego-themed decorations too -- like the lego shoebox food containers. Lucky for me, Scott is very willing to help out with all of my crazy 'pinterest' ideas...
![]() |
| Coloring lego self-portraits (which I forgot to send home with the kids...) |
![]() |
| lego heads every where! |
![]() |
| Millie's friends from school -- they look sweet don't they? |
![]() |
| looks can be deceiving ;) |
![]() |
| playing lego toss (Teddy was 'helping') |
Pin the head on the Lego (we like our 'pin the blank on the blank games around here...)
Lego relay race -- this picture cracks me up. Teddy listened as I gave the instructions to the big kids and when I said 'go!' he unexpectedly did exactly what I had told them to do!
Poor Luke surrounded by all of those girls! He got to explain to them that these were 'shades' NOT sunglasses and therefore appropriate to wear in the house. As he put it, sunglasses are to protect your eyes from the light, Shades are to look cool :). He definitely looks cool!
Waiting for cake
My sister LOVES when I put blue frosting on things ;)
Happy birthday, Millie Moo! I hope you know how very much you are loved and how very special we all think you are! (now, no more parties until next year!)


























No comments:
Post a Comment