I'm way out of date in posting again ... ah well. Spring break was several weeks ago now, and I think we're all ready to go back to it already. So nice to have a week with nothing on the schedule. Scott wasn't able to take much time off, but he was able to take off work early most days which was nice. I think we were one of the only families I know who didn't go on some kind of vacation, so our week was really just spent at home and with family -- no play dates or anything. The weather was nice at the beginning and end of break and kind of cool and rainy in between. The kids spent as much time outside as they could -- riding bikes, climbing trees, swinging, and generally just having fun. We took a few outings with my sister and each of the kids got to have a special day/sleepover with my parents (well, Teddy's was the week before and was not a sleepover, but it still counts). I was able to take each of the girls out for a date during the week too and Teddy and Scott got a couple of 'guys only' days. Scott and I even started a bit of spring cleaning in a couple of areas of the house (with many more areas on the 'to-do' list still...). All-in-all it was a very nice week.
Our first outing was the Monday of spring break. We took the kids up to Laumiere Sculpture park to walk around and have a picnic dinner with my sister and her family. We were not good park visitors as we let the kids climb on the sculptures ... it's really just too tempting. It made it a little tough to just have a relaxing walk though -- too many chances for injuries! They sure had fun though.
We couldn't get Charlie in on this picture ...
All of the cousins -- the boys are getting a bit smushed.
No comments:
Post a Comment