Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Saved by the Snow...



I was supposed to take Millie to the babysitter's today to get everyone ready for my transition back to work. Thanks to the weather I get to postpone the heartbreak of leaving my baby girl with someone else for one more day. We woke up this morning to gray skies, lots of school closings, and dry ground but a threat of a big snow storm. All of the local schools were closed for the day so I decided maybe it wasn't a good idea to be separated from Millie for the first time... So, we cancelled daycare for the day :). Good thing we did too 'cause around 11:45 the snow came fast and the roads got messy quick. Not good weather to be driving around in, baby or not. Luckily Scott's office closed at noon and he was able to be home with Millie and I got to go to the salon to get my hair done :). Millie was going to come with me if Daddy didn't get home since the salon is only about a mile away, but fortunately we didn't have to do that. It was Dad's first time alone with the baby -- and everyone survived :).

No comments:

Post a Comment