Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Getting Green

Spring is definitely here in CT. The trees are getting greener by the day. Actually, it's kinda nice here because the wide variety of trees give off all colors of buds; green, red yellow, white, pink, it's really like fall in reverse :). The temperatures have been great, the skies mostly blue, Scott even had to mow! Now let's just hope that spring sticks around for a while and we don't rush the summer heat!

Mother nature isn't the only one around here getting greener. With all the news about plastic these days, we've decided to switch primarily to glass for our food needs. We're ditching all of Millie's plastic bottles, utensils and dishes as well as all of our ziploc/gladware/tupperware. I gotta say, it's kind of liberating to get rid of all those plastic food storage containers and lids. No matter how hard we tried, that drawer/cabinet of our kitchen never stayed organized for long! We've replaced all those containers with a dozen glass ones and a couple of plastic ones that will be hand-washed and not put in the microwave. I was able to find Millie's bottles in glass, thank goodness so we don't have to try switching brands. They weren't easy to find though, just about every store on-line and real-life was out of them with a note saying the manufacturer was also out. I think I bought some of the last ones. Guess I'm not the only one who bought into the plastics scare... . I figure even if plastic doesn't deserve the bad rap it's getting, I'm not doing any harm by switching to glass. At the very least it's better for the environment :).

No comments:

Post a Comment