Friday, December 24, 2010
December 23 -- Lights at Tilles Park
While Scott headed out with my siblings and a group of friends to see the El Monstero concert again this year, the girls and I enjoyed a quiet dinner with my parents which included the making of the cookie dough (for cookie decorating on Christmas day) and ended with a tour of the lights at Tilles Park. The park display was spectacular and well worth the almost hour wait in traffic to get there (thank goodness Merrill fell asleep before we got stuck -- and then woke just in time to see the lights -- and Millie was easily entertained by Lainie with a pad of paper, a pencil and the spelling of words -- including "toot" which Millie found hilarious). Saint Louis County has been putting on this light display for years, but this was the first time any of us had ever gone, and after sitting in the traffic to get into the park, I know why. We all enjoyed it though and are considering adding it to our list of family traditions -- though maybe not on December 23, the last night before Christmas that they show the display! I am not a skilled enough photographer to capture the beauty of the lights at Tilles Park, but that doesn't mean I didn't try :).
Making cookie dough with grandpa:
Lights:
Nope, doesn't really do the night justice, but that's okay :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment