Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Knock on Wood

We may be getting closer to being a "diaper-free" home.  While it's a little sad to realize that we no longer have any babies in our home, diapers are one part of life with babies we AREN'T going to miss!  It also appears that the "potty-gods" may be showing us some mercy this time around as Merrill has initiated the process herself (which I understand is common with second-born children who are trying to emulate their older siblings).  She has used the potty several times in the past month to both pee and poop (sorry, I'm a mommy, those two words are a part of my daily vocabulary...).  Each time she has requested to use the potty and agreed to do so with her diaper off :).  In fact, the first time she pooped on the potty she did it when she was hanging out in the bathroom after having already gone pee.  I went in to the kitchen because she wanted to keep trying and minutes later I hear her call out "mommy I have a big poop!"  She had sat herself back down and done her business without any persuasion at all.  Whew!  Quite the contrast to her sister (who to be fair had a traumatic pooping experience when she was very young that may have scarred her emotionally for potty use ;) ).  It's nothing consistent yet, just once on the potty every couple of days or so the past couple of weeks -- and we aren't breaking out the big girl underwear yet, but I'm hopeful.  Very hopeful!

 What?  Don't all toddlers read ESPN Magazine on the potty?! 

A look of pride :)

No comments:

Post a Comment