Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Preschool Take 2

Millie was excited to start her second year of preschool this morning.  I guess I was too 'cause we were all ready to go almost a full hour early!  (Really, who does that with two young children?!  Perhaps I was a bit over-prepared... or perhaps is just a positive comment on how good our morning routine really has become -- for now.)  There were a couple of half-hearted whines of "I don't want to go to school" which I think were just her way of dealing with the conflict of knowing she was going to have fun while away from the people she loves most.  For the most part though, she was all smiles and her teachers reported that she stayed that way the whole time at school.  I think choosing a school with such consistency (there is only one classroom, no changing rooms, or teachers, etc.) was key for Millie and her ability to maintain the confidence she acquired last year.  I also think it will make for a lot of growth in the next couple of years, though the transition to Kindergarten at the public school will be interesting!  Hopefully her confidence in herself will be so high by then that she will be up for the challenge.  I'm going to tell myself that for the next 2 years anyway!
the back-pack was hung by the door with care
ready to go!


 saying goodbye
 tall enough to reach her hook this year!
happy to find her name on the "line"
REALLY happy to find herself at FirstWatch for lunch after her first day :)

2 comments:

  1. Grandma2:40 PM

    Love seeing the pictures. always nice to see when you are so far away. Millie is growing so fast. Love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Ready a full hour early?? That concept is foreign to me! :)

    ReplyDelete