Pages

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Va.ca.tion

We got back from our first "real" family vacation today (a first for both our immediate family and for the extended Ross family...).  Needless to say, we had a wonderful time in Colorado.  The minute we landed in Denver it felt as if we had been gone forever, it was that easy to leave all of the daily "stuff" behind.  Of course, the minute we landed in St. Louis today it felt as if we had never left, that's how fast reality sets in.  But we're more relaxed and ready to tackle life again.  Obviously I took a full vacation from everything, including blogging, which I may regret as I try to document the trip from memory instead of as it happened ... but it was nice to spend my evenings visiting with family and friends instead of sitting in front of the computer (when I wasn't helping overly tired and somewhat disoriented little girls fall asleep).  It is my goal, though, to go through our nearly 300 pictures (plus the pictures from my parents and siblings to see if there are any I want to steal...) and document our trip 'cause I'm not really the scrap-booking type or the journaling type and this is the only way we're going to have a way to look back on all the fun.  So, be ready for lots of pictures of mountains, little girls and dogs :) in the next few days! 

We jump right back into things tomorrow -- school for Millie, work for Scott, unpacking and grocery shopping for me, plus parent night at Millie's school.  The weekend brings Scott's first attempt at the "All Day Sports Challenge" (I'm going to let him explain that one when it's all said and done), a birthday party, perhaps some baby furniture assembly (for my sister) and maybe some baby shower preparations.  It's hard to believe we are headed into mid-September all ready -- the rest of this year is just going to fly by with all of the events big and small we have left (birthdays, weddings, babies, not to mention the "usual" holidays!).  I think I'm tired already!!  When's the next plane to Denver? ;)

Here are a *few* of my favorite pictures from the past week and a half.


































Clearly I am still operating on Mountain time -- it's almost 11 o'clock!  Time for me to get to bed!!  More to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment