Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Happiness

Some things that have made me smile recently
  • Wonderful fall temperatures which have allowed us to have the windows open since we got back from Colorado.  
  • Sleeping snuggled under lots of covers because of those open windows
  • Shorter days -- it's so nice to have it be dark when we put the girls to bed again
  •  The girls sharing a cup of hot tea
  • Merrill's pretend sleepover with her babies
  •  Getting back out into the yard to work on the landscaping/gardening
  • Merrill's favorite place to hang out in the front yard
  •  Every time she goes in there, the bunnies that live there come running out
  •  The girls standing next to the oak tree we planted in the front yard.  I can't wait to compare their heights every fall
  • Seeing Millie's excitement at harvesting vegetables from our garden.  They are small, but tasty
  •  Millie writing the alphabet on the chalkboard all by herself.  When I told my parents about her accomplishment, she corrected me and said she didn't write the WHOLE alphabet because she left out "o" and "n"  I still think she still did a pretty good job considering this was a project she initiated by herself.  It amazes me all the skills she is developing, even without direct instruction.  I am so excited for the day when she reads her first word all by herself

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment