After a false alarm on the baby last Friday, the 20th, (nothing dramatic, some contractions that I thought might build to the real thing but didn't but were close enough for us to put people on alert for the night -- Scott and I at least got a good night's sleep out of it since we sent the girls to my parents, not sure my mom can say the same thing! I think my exam the day before triggered some false labor as well as some strong false hope that things were going to happen soon...), I was even more intent to try to keep myself and the girls busy this week so I wouldn't spend every moment hyper-analyzing every little "blip" I felt in my body. I think my initial feelings of an early arrival for this little guy were a mixture of wishful thinking and just plain having completed all of my "to-do's" and not knowing what else to do other than have a baby ;). So, now we're just focusing on enjoying each moment we have left as a family of four and that means NOT sitting around the house all day every day wondering if anything is going to happen!
The weather has been so absolutely horribly hot (like everywhere else) that we kept our activities for the week to the morning and spent most afternoons hanging out and playing at home. It seemed to work pretty well 'cause here we are at another weekend and another week closer to having a baby :). I was proud of myself for filling our mornings with free activities that kept us all pretty entertained. Monday we went to story time at a local Whole Foods with friends and then had lunch in the cafe, Tuesday was story time a the local library (which was not as well received by the girls for some reason -- even though the librarian was really good), Wednesday was a free children's concert at Tower Grove Park where we got to learn about instruments, hear a story and sing some songs, Thursday was a free movie at the local movie theater, and Friday was a play date at a local park with friends followed by lunch and playtime at my sister's. We spent 3 HOURS playing at the park! Which speaks to how little I've been able to get the girls out the past few weeks due to the heat. I think they were pretty worn out by the end of the day! Hopefully we'll be able to keep equally busy this coming week!
Some pictures from our playtime yesterday:
No comments:
Post a Comment