Not everyday as a stay-at-home mother of three has been smooth around here, (hence the big holes in my blogging. I totally have a backlog of posts that I want to get to before I forget these early days, the events we've celebrated in them, and the people we've shared Teddy with). Today was one of the smooth ones though (once we got past the early morning irrational meltdown of a three-year-old). Teddy napped well this morning while the girls were at school allowing me to make their rainbow skirts that they have been begging for. After lunch my mom called and invited us over to play for the afternoon. I had about half an hour to put together a casserole for dinner. In that half hour the girls played well together and Teddy fell asleep on his own in the "rock 'n' play". This was perhaps the best moment of the day! I was able to get dinner prepped and the kids packed up and in the car and off to my parents for a fun afternoon. I am quickly learning that if I want to get a home-cooked meal on the table for dinner I need to at least prep the meal when Teddy is napping -- even if that nap is at 1:00 in the afternoon...
ahhh. A baby who seems to like to sleep. Wonderful!
Snack time at Lainey's is always a favorite
Peyton trying to figure Teddy out :)
Teddy and Grandpa had a great chat this afternoon
No comments:
Post a Comment