Thursday, September 06, 2012
{Lovely}
Millie would note that while I said "lovely," I did not mean "lovely." My little girl is starting to get sarcasm -- which she's going to need in this family ;). Cause, yeah, I don't mean lovely when I look at the above pictures. I mean "UGH. What now?!" A clogged connection on the furnace led to a fair amount of water damage in Scott's office and office closet. We got an estimate to have a cleaning company come out and take care of everything; it was a bit ridiculous ($1000-$2000 ...) but wasn't ridiculous enough to claim on insurance (go figure) so my dad came over last night and he and Scott started a bit of minor demolition. Once everything dries out we just have to figure out what we're going to replace the carpet with. We've always said we would like to turn that closet into a bathroom, so maybe now is the time to look into that -- I certainly don't want to put new carpet and drywall in there knowing we may tear it out in the next couple of years. Not really a project we were looking to do right now, but hey, maybe it will be a blessing in disguise...
Fortunately, I have these little cuties to make me smile in the meantime :).
They ARE lovely!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Shannon, Have you looked at carpet squares? They are pretty affordable and if something happens you just replace the square. Katie is going to use them in her basement. They have a nice variety of colors now. Just a thought! Congrats on your new addition. The kids are really cute!
ReplyDeleteSally
Thanks, Sally! We'll keep that in mind as we weigh our options!
ReplyDelete