The plan for this weekend was to "deck the halls", get all of the holiday boxes put back away and return some order to the house. This was not quite how I envisioned the house to look after putting up decorations...
Turns out the base for our tree had a crack in it resulting in a slow leak that we didn't catch until yesterday. Which means we were basically dumping water on the carpet for a week. Fun. Our tree went from lovely, to well... let's just say not so lovely.
decorating the tree earlier in the week not looking so hot after being moved twice
I consider this a major nuisance and count my blessings that it wasn't a real disaster we were faced with this weekend. None-the-less I could have done without it. I don't know what it is with us and water (we still haven't rehabbed the damage to Scott's office ...). Water incidents have been following us around since our first apartment in Michigan where we "flooded" 3 times in less than a year -- the third time bad enough to displace us for a couple of days while management dried the place out. If you don't know that story, it's a good one. So, I've concluded either a) someone from Custer Estates cursed us with permanent water issues no matter where we live to get back at me for swearing at them and sticking my lawyer father on them to swear at them some more, b) we are just inherently really bad at this home ownership thing, c) we are too naive/stupid to be homeowners and just don't foresee problems that would be obvious to others or d) some combination of all of the above. No need to weigh in on the answer to that one .. thanks. My personal opinion is (a). I think "Big Red" (the local management person -- she was big and had red hair ... we were creative...) cursed us. Now we just have to figure out how to break the curse. In the meantime we're going to enjoy the sound of the constant fans and pretend it is the sound of ... well, I don't know what, something more festive though :).
No comments:
Post a Comment