Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Skating on Ice

wait, did I say ice skating or roller derby?

Super excited

look, no hands!

ahh, much better with the bucket

There were a couple of falls, but Millie was really good and getting herself back up -- even at picking the bucket up off the ice...

excited to give it a try


that little body out there is Millie!
 
Merrill and I making our way slowly around the rink...  

Merill really thought she could walk out on the ice and just take off.  She didn't want to use the bucket or even  take my hand. I convinced her to try the bucket and she abandoned it half-way around the rink, then realized it wasn't as easy as it looked even when holding my hand.  Needless to say I was the mom slowly, slowly, slowly, leading a crying child around the rink while trying to not fall myself ;).  Merrill tried getting a smaller size skate (and again thought she would just be able to walk out on the ice on her own), but it was still a little tough for her.  She handled it well though and went to warm up by the fire with Scott and Teddy.

Now that we've given ice skating a try, Millie may get her wish for lessons.  We're lucky to have a rink in our community center that is open year-round and offers lessons.  Millie has been asking about taking them since earlier this fall, but I wanted to wait until we tried it out before signing her up since the lessons are non-refundable.  We'll see if she talks about it after today.  She certainly had a giant smile on her face the whole time! 

1 comment:

  1. Grandma12:47 PM

    Their Daddy's first experience on ice wasn't too good, he might remember?

    ReplyDelete