Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pink or Blue?

My sister put on a wonderful brunch today making the big moment of finding out if the baby is a girl or boy even more special.  Since we were in Connecticut for both of our previous pregnancies, we really didn't get to share the process with either of our families so it has been so great to share all the moments, big and small, of our last pregnancy with my family.
beautiful spread of food with finger sandwiches, salad, and smoked salmon (I, unfortunately, had to skip those...)
boy and girl PB&J's for the kids -- so cute!
gotta have a few games and activities!
Scott was team blue, I was remaining neutral in pink AND blue...
team pink

BR was team blue
Lainie was team blue, Peyton was team pink
Malia was team pink
Gray was team blue
J, team blue -- Peyton still team pink, even after a wardrobe change
the lovely hostess, team pink
Sara and Manuel remained neutral -- they are expecting their own little boy in May!
April and Mike were team blue
My dad was also neutral.  Team blue definitely outnumbered team pink which was mostly made up of little girls :).  BUT, was the majority right or did all the little ones know something the rest of us did not?  Well, the test of the "Old Wives Tales" suggested that the girls were on to something:


Still, the only way to know for sure was to open the envelope.  I suggested to Millie that we use a green envelope and a yellow card to keep things neutral.  She thought a blue envelope and a pink card would be a better idea -- still trying to push the odds in her favor with that pink card :).  Did it work?  Click on the video to find out!
 


Yep, 
So, the girls and the "Old Wives" and the Chinese Calendar were all wrong -- it's a boy!!  Millie took it all pretty well.  I thought for a moment there after she showed everyone the card that she might tear up, but she composed herself and has been nothing but happy.  And I think Merrill is just happy that there is going to be a baby around.  Once we got home, Millie did say that maybe something magical would happen and it would be a girl when it was born, so she's still holding on to a little hope ;).  (I did tell her I didn't think that was going to happen...).  Scott and  I are thrilled of course, though a little in shock still.  A BOY!!  What are we going to do with a BOY!!  (Love him to death of course!)  My mother's intuition said "boy" from the beginning, but I was having a hard time trusting it (I thought Merrill was a boy at first too, though by the end I knew she was a girl) and didn't want to get one or the other stuck in my head.  I've been so drawn to little boys throughout this pregnancy, have had dreams where the baby was a boy (and also triplets, fortunately that part wasn't true!), had a premonition of sorts about a name that is traditionally a boy's name, and even could not return the boy outfit I had gotten for my sister's reveal last summer (even though we hadn't even committed to trying to get pregnant yet -- that outfit has been sitting on our dresser for months just waiting for this moment).  I guess this little boy was just meant to be a part of our family.  We are SO happy and can't wait to meet him and discover what new adventures are in store for us!

Scott called his parents and texted some far-away friends and family with the news right after we found out and of course they were all equally thrilled.  This will be the first grandson for both sides, so he will no doubt be treated like a little prince! 

Our first baby boy outfits!  No hand-me-downs this time around!  Thanks LoLo!

 
A few more pictures of the kids enjoying themselves after the announcement:





2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Tell M & M that boys are awesome and that they are going to love being big sisters to their little brother :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma12:12 PM

    We are very excited, a little boy, how nice to compete your family. love to all.

    ReplyDelete