I wasn't sure what to expect when I got an e-mail this morning from Millie's teacher with just "Millie" as the subject line, and truth be told my mind went straight to all of the possible bad things it could have been instead of the good (I'm not proud of that and really, if anything bad had happened at school Millie would have told me). But, I needn't have worried; it turned out to be a very wonderful e-mail to wake up to. I shared it with Millie and she beamed with pride -- and so did I.
Shannon and Scott,
I am starting to implement a new behavior system within my classroom called smiley Sue. Where my smiley face mug watches a certain student (whose name I pull from its cup) all day to see if they are following the Robinson Road Rules. Yesterday I pulled Millie's name and I am here to report that she had an excellent day! She was respectful to friends, school and the environment. She was on task for all of her assignments and tried her hardest during our reading workshop period. She is kind and always helpful to others. I am very proud of the academic progress she is making and cannot wait to see how she progresses next semester. Thank you for sharing her with me everyday!
I really couldn't ask for anything more from my little girl.
Very, very nice Millie we are proud of you, love Grandma and Papa.
ReplyDelete