Stats: Height -- 32.2 inches
Weight -- 21 pounds.
I'm going to skip the percentiles this time around, let's just say he's on the small side. Though our pediatrician has never voiced any concern and he's growing and looks healthy to me, so...
- Talks up a storm
- Sleeps well and, right now is our one child who likes to sleep. He will often tell me he's ready for a nap or night-night and even when he does fight it, he can be pretty easily convinced that sleep is a good thing.
- Is still nursing -- some days and nights its a lot and some it's not that noticeable. Some days I think he's never going to give it up and others I think we are close to weaning. We'll see :).
- Naps and starts the night in his own bed but comes into our room usually between 10 and 11 at night (though that varies) -- see above
Favorite color: blue (maybe, could be pink) -- Mommy's answer: he really likes orange -- yesterday he was very determined to wear his orange socks, though right now he really doesn't discriminate too much between colors he likes and doesn't like
Favorite thing to eat: vegetables! (well, he sure knows how to give a good answer, not sure how accurate it is :) ) Mommy's answer: noodles -- any kind will do, plain or with cheese, though we most often have brown rice/quinoa noodles plain at home, sun butter and chocolate chips, carrots, feta cheese, anything sweet, bananas and peanut butter, graham crackers (at Lainey's), berries and whipped cream (at Lainey's), Lara Bars. He's not much of a bread or cereal kid, though he does like crackers.
favorite toy: firetruck! Mommy's answer: any truck or car, though he also really likes to play in the play kitchen and make 'tea' or cook dinner
What do you like to play? Cars!
What do you like to do outside? ride my bike (um, again, nice answer but not entirely accurate as he won't ride his bike yet...) Mommy's answer: play baseball, basketball, soccer (any kind of ball), swing, play in the playhouse, dig in the dirt
Our happy guy on his 2nd birthday enjoying a little leftover cookie cake and some birthday singing :)
Teddy demonstrating his current love for carrots. He's also been known to challenge Scott to broccoli eating contests (eat your broccoli, daddy!).
Not all days are great eating days for Teddy though. This is what the kitchen table looks like many afternoons. Here you can see remnants of his breakfast (1/2 piece of toast and yogurt), lunch (carrots, beans and rice) and at least two snack attempts (banana and peanut butter, sun butter and chocolate chips) and some feta cheese thrown in there for good measure -- that could have been from any of those meals ...
Teddy is pretty sure he's as big as his sisters and loves to do all of the things they do
On this day he wanted to pack and wear his backpack. He thought that meant he got to go to school with the girls. I had to convince him that going to the gym was his school and let him take his backpack full of toys there. Luckily the daycare workers were accommodating!
Loves having Rosie here for a playmate two days a week. He does a good job sharing his toys with her -- they were looking at "Go Dog Go" on this day and he ran upstairs to his room to get his dog to show Rosie.
Showing her the ropes at the train table
Is starting to show interest in 'projects' -- this was his first gluing activity that he did while I was working on his thank you notes from his birthday party. It kept him busy while I worked, though he still interrupted me approximately every 10 seconds for help :).
Will play with his doll (or the girls' dolls or princess figurines) and the kitchen set as much as with his cars and trains -- and will often incorporate them all into the same play session.
Some videos to show Teddy's personality these days. Of course his personality shines brightest right before I turn on the camera ;). (I also like the videos to have to be able to look back and hear his two-year-old language).
being a helper
being silly
this one was actually a couple months before Teddy turned two -- if I remember right, he was randomly awake late at night and felt like going to the kitchen to have some noodles :).
Two is a fun age. It's the age Millie wanted to stay at so long ago. In some ways, I would love to keep them all at this age. But I can't do that, can I. So, I let them grow and do my best to enjoy the journey that we are on together, holding on to all the moments I can.






One of the cutest kids I know! Enjoy two! :)
ReplyDeleteSweet Teddy, can't believe he is two already, love Grandma
ReplyDelete