Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

An Art-filled Date

Merrill and I headed to the art museum on our first date today.  Our date was to explore a museum together and I chose the art museum knowing that they do family activities on Sunday afternoons, and that Merrill had not been there yet.  We enjoyed making art, looking at art, learning about art, and at times, being the art.  The theme for the month at the Art Museum's family days is African art, so Merrill got to make her own textile art as well as view some African art and make African inspired snakes (inspired by the fact that today is the Chinese New Year and marks the beginning of the year of the snake).  Merrill enjoyed just exploring all of the different galleries and looking at the different styles of art and getting to be in charge of where we went.
 It wasn't a very pretty day, but even so, I just love this spot in the park







 My little dancer with Degas' Little Dancer -- I love sharing this statue with the girls



 Merrill found this spot under a stairwell and thought it was the perfect place to do a little living art

 learning about African art -- at least Merrill was more intrigued than the little boy behind her ;)


We are so lucky to have such a wonderful cultural resource available to us.  Forest Park is just really a treasure and I'm glad we are able to expose the girls to all that it offers.  I'm looking forward to my date with Millie tomorrow night -- star gazing and hot chocolate.  I'm hoping the weather clears up (and maybe warms up just a tad)!

No comments:

Post a Comment