Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Signs of Spring

It's coming, I know it is.  I don't know when Spring will officially arrive and kick Winter to the curb once and for all, but I know it will!  (hopefully very close to the first day of spring which is next week -- just in case you aren't counting down the days like us ;) ) . 

A few signs from the garden:



paired with happy children playing outside -- I think they are aching for spring even more than me!


Someone had his eye on the prize the second on put him down on the driveway -- he headed straight for the dirt and mulch.  Yep, he's going to fit in just fine with his sisters :)

 if that face doesn't say "look out here comes trouble" ...
 headed for the bike this time -- won't be long before he'll be able to ride around on it!
 he loved swinging and the girls loved pushing him


 Millie did some great weeding around the garden.  The patch under the tree is HER garden, so she tended to it first.  We just finished reading "The Secret Garden" and it really reinforced her love of gardening and taught her that it takes a lot of hard work to grow a garden -- weeding and watering the plants every day.  She took the whole thing very seriously as you can see from the video (which she requested I take).



 Merrill was happy to take her turn on the swings too while Millie took a break from weeding to push Teddy


back to work -- I may actually have a shot at maintaining the gardens this year if Millie continues to be this much help!

No comments:

Post a Comment