Scott and I enjoyed our bi-annual date night on Friday night while our friends April and Mike (and Malia) hung out with the kids. We enjoyed a
wonderful dinner at a semi-new vegan/vegetarian restaurant (
Frida's Vegetarian Deli -- down near the loop; I can't recommend it enough for both meat eaters and non-meat eaters!). This is now my favorite restaurant. I don't know what my favorite restaurant was before, but it certainly couldn't compete with this. After that we drove down Delmar a bit until we reached the loop, then we parked and walked around people watching, window shopping, and browsing through records at Vintage Vinyl. We made our way to the Moonrise Hotel and the Eclipse Terrace Bar on the rooftop. It was a beautiful night to sit on the rooftop and watch the sunset and just enjoy each other's company. Then we headed back down the street to the car stopping to get Scott some ice cream on the way. We couldn't have asked for a more relaxing and pleasant evening. The kids had an equally enjoyable night here at home, though I'm not sure I would describe it as relaxing! They enjoyed making and eating pita pizzas followed by chocolate avocado pudding and then playing before heading to bed. They got a kick out of having Malia tuck them in at night before she headed home with Mike. We are so blessed to have such amazing friends who love us and our children so much! Thanks, April and Mike for making it such a great night for everyone!



VERY yummy raw fettuccine made with zucchini noodles, scallions, sun dried tomatoes and a yummy sauce that I have yet to figure out and a veggie burger on a bed of romaine. De.Lish.
Watching the sunset over the loop
And then it was time to say 'goodnight'
LOVE your dress and necklace!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a great night, nice pictures of you two.
ReplyDelete