Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

First Grade Field Trip

Last Thursday I got to join Millie and close to 100 other first graders on a field trip to the zoo.  It was  a fun adventure, though a little more hands on than I was expecting as I was assigned three children and then we were let loose on our own for the day.  Millie's teacher had made up a packet of things to look for and some 'talking' points and we were given meeting times for lunch and the bus, and that was it.  I hadn't anticipated quite that much responsibility!  The weather was perfect though and all of the animals were out and there were no crowds, so it really was a perfect day to wander the zoo.  I think the day got a little long and we probably could have left after lunch and everyone would have been happy (instead of leaving almost 2 hours after lunch).  The kids got a little antsy and the parents got a little over-stimulated (first graders have a LOT of energy!), but overall everyone had fun.  I'm so appreciative that I am able to participate in the girls' school activities.











No comments:

Post a Comment