Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Halloween

We got to celebrate Halloween a little early Saturday.  We went to a neighbor's party as a family.  The kids all had a blast running around with friends from school and Scott and I enjoyed getting to know our hosts better as well as some other families from our school.  

We all went with a Fairy Tale theme this year -- though not all from the same fairy tale...


 Yes, Teddy and I have the same costume this year.  I had intended for him to be a lost boy, or to just pick another costume from our dress-up bin, but once he and the girls saw my Peter Pan, they pulled out his Peter Pan outfit from Merrill's birthday party last year and that's what he decided he wanted to wear.  If I'd been a little more on top of things I would have made him a new all black Peter Pan outfit and he could have been my shadow.  It certainly would have been appropriate!









Our hostess goes to the same gym as me and we both often walk to pick up the kids from school so we've had a good chance to get to know each other over the past year.  She mentioned to me a few weeks ago that her husband set the party time for 6:00, but she thought that was too late and invited us to come at 5:00.  If you know me and my family, you know that we are timely people (often early people) and if you give me a time, that's when I'll be there (or maybe 5 minutes before...).  Turns out we were the only ones who knew about the earlier time, which made us REALLY early!  It turned out to be really good though because it gave us time to help with set up and enjoy a little time with just our families.  Big parties with lots of kids running around and grown-ups mingling are fun, but so are parties with just one other family.

The kids were eager to dig into the snacks as we were putting them out


This shrimp-cocktail brain was great!

And the jack-o-lantern pepper was so cute!

This little guy is one of Teddy's buddies at the gym

This sweet girl is in Merrill's class

searching for 'eye balls' in slimy spaghetti -- we were shocked that Merrill dug in!

Our sweet hosts (well 3/5 of them) -- such a cute family!

Having the party last weekend was a good thing -- our costumes are all ready to go for Friday school parties and trick-or-treating in the evening and I've been able to spend this week getting ready for Millie's birthday party this weekend.  So much fun happening this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment