Pages

Tuesday, October 07, 2014

{Soccer Saturdays}

Soccer season is in full swing around here and this past Saturday was the first one where both girls had overlapping games so Scott and I had to divide and conquer.  My parents took Merrill, Teddy and me to Merrill's game and Scott took Millie's to hers.  While the pictures make it look like a beautiful fall day, the wind was a bit brutal and it was actually quite cold at 9:30 in the morning.  This didn't seem to phase Millie and Scott, but the rest of us were freezing.  Teddy did not appreciate the weather at all and spent most of the hour crying and wanting to be held by me (but refused the blanket that my dad ran home to get).  Merrill also did not appreciate the cold.  She's not so sure she likes soccer in the first place, and the cold did not do anything to make it more fun.  Generally she doesn't mind the first half, which is instructional, but she doesn't like the games.  I think it's too much chaos and confusion for her (and competition tends to cause her stress).  So, my child was the one on the field trailing the pack and wailing (and looking very miserable).  Sigh.  I promise I do not force my children into activities.  I simply ask -- and when they say 'yes' I ask again (and again) to make SURE they want to do it.  Once we are signed up and paid though, well they have to stick it out. Fortunately Merrill's program is only 6 weeks and we are already half way done.  Whew!


Millie briefly got to be goalie this week

coming in for a hug before starting the game
crying
still crying
yep, still going
It's amazing what a warm house, family and friends to play with and a cup of hot chocolate can do to warm fingers and moods!

finally stopped shivering!
first cup of 'hot' chocolate
happy again

No comments:

Post a Comment