Friday night Scott and Jason headed downtown with some friends to see the Pearl Jam concert, so Lauren and I decided to give ourselves an easy night and have dinner and a movie at our house for the kids. The pizza man was about 15 minutes late due to a train (or so he said ...), but once we got over that hurdle, the kids were all happy campers. I mean a night of playing, pizza, popcorn (or cheerios), and a movie all with your cousins -- what's not to be happy about!?! Because of all the fun, bedtime was a bit later than usual, but fortunately for both Lauren and I the kids took it easy on us and everyone went down well. Yay! So glad we are able to have these nights with my sister and her kids. Cousin friendships are so so special (there are MANY stories of my siblings and I and the chaos we caused with our Decatur cousins. Super fun times!).
![]() |
| thank goodness for kids who like books! |
![]() |
| everyone on the bench for dinner -- well, except Charlie... |
Movie time! We chose Shrek, which in hind sight was maybe not the best choice. It was a little sophisticated for the littlest ones and I'm not even sure the biggest ones fully appreciated it (though it at least held their attention). By the middle of the movie Teddy and Peyton and Charlie were all up wandering around and playing (though still happy).
Thanks for coming to play with us, LoLo! It made the night much more enjoyable for all of us!






No comments:
Post a Comment