getting ready to dance
we made it a family affair -- Scott took a short break from work, Merrill skipped school and my mom came too!
getting ready to ROAR! (and for what it's worth -- the fifth grader there in the bright green shirt could DANCE!)
And some video so you can really share the experience :)
We have been listening to sound-bites from "Roar" for months now -- quite often with mixed up lyrics ;).
They also danced to "Best Day of My Life" -- Millie liked all of the songs except the last one (seen below). She came to me last week and told me I wouldn't like the way she shook her 'booty' in one of the dances and that she thought the song and dance were not appropriate. She was very serious. I advised her to talk to her teachers if she wasn't comfortable doing the dance -- and she did, unfortunately it was the day before the performance and they weren't very receptive. I was proud of her for voicing her feelings though. You can see the dislike on her face during the song ... It wasn't until today when I 'Googled' the song that I found out it's from "Ice Age 4" -- not a bad song, but maybe a little more adult in the moves than she was comfortable with.
No comments:
Post a Comment