Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Queeny Park

Yesterday was Merrill's end-of-the-year field trip with her preschool and since my babysitting job was cancelled for the day and she really wanted me to go with her --I did!  We enjoyed a nice hike at Queeny Park.  This is a park I've been going to since I was a kid, but I never explored all of the trails there.  It was beautiful!  It was a warm day, but the hike took us through the woods, so we were shaded and kept cool.  I will say, a (hilly) mile hike doesn't sound like much, but it's a LONG way with a (large) group of 3-5 year-olds!  They did it though -- every single one of them made it to the end on their own two feet.  Only one more week of preschool for this little girl and then she's off to kindergarten in the fall.  I can hardly believe it!  



a quick snack before the hike to give us energy!

and they're off!



the children were all very good about checking the map and trail markers to make sure we didn't get lost

not the kind of bobcat we expected to see on a hike (okay, we didn't expect to see any bobcats ...)

a 115 year-old tree (a shaggy oak? my memory is going....)

someone was getting tired


peaceful -- even with a herd of preschoolers in front of and behind me :)




we were very thankful that these horses happened to be at the end of the trail -- they were just the incentive the children needed to make it all the way back!

Not a bad way to spend a morning at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment