Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Post Field Day Picnic

We enjoyed walking up to the elementary school yesterday for a picnic lunch with Millie (and the rest of the school!).  The clouds were ominous, but we made it through lunch without any rain -- I think it started raining right after we got home ...  Only one more day of school for Millie and then kindergarten is officially over for her!  We get to do it all again next year with Merrill -- I'm looking forward to having them both in the same school!

 Millie's field day was quite different than the one I had growing up.  For me, field day was a rotation of track and field events; for Millie it was a rotation of fun and silly games (and chalk drawing -- every sidewalk and parking lot surface was covered!)

 The second Scott put our blanket down, it was swarmed with children -- good thing we had two!


 Teddy is a big hit with Millie's friends

 dancing

 Funny story, this is the t-shirt that my parents bought Millie in the hospital when Merrill was born -- she has finally grown into it :)  Just for fun, here is a picture of the first time she wore it:

Back to the picnic...
 Siblings -- almost five years later


The long walk home (not really -- it's like 1/3 of a mile...).  This is what I like to call the "ooops,-I-got-sunscreen-on-the-camera lens" filter.  Gives the picture kind of a dreamy, forlorn look :).

1 comment:

  1. Grandma7:27 AM

    Looks like the beginning of summer has been really exciting, glad you have such great friends. Hope Teddy feels better. Have a safe trip to Mich.

    ReplyDelete