Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

Breakfast in bed (after sleeping in until 6:30 -- Scott got up with all of the kids at 5:30...), a showering of cards, poems, pictures, crafts, hugs and kisses, craft time, gardening, a hike, and a special dinner.  I couldn't have asked for a better day with these little monkeys of mine.  Lucky for me, it's a day I get to live over and over.   As hard and long as some of the minutes and hours and days can be, they are what make me a mother.  Every day I learn the importance of patience and grace and just being.  I don't always get it right, but I embrace each day as another chance to be the mom I want to be.  As they say, the days are long and the years are short and I know soon enough I'm going to be able to sleep in (well, okay, maybe not, I've never slept in ...), go to the bathroom by myself, eat without a child on my lap, have a clean and clutter-free house, sleep without a child snuggled up to my side, not be needed to get children to sleep ... and I'm going to miss it.  I try to remember that every day and to not wish it all away.  Those are the things that make me a mother, that make me stronger, more empathetic, more compassionate, more caring, more understanding everyday.  For that, I am grateful and truly blessed.  




Hike in Lone Elk Park
I love that both of the girls brought along a notebook and pencil to record their observations while out on the hike

Learning what Elk poop looks like... I don't think she wrote about this ;)

gathering rocks (not poop)

 (and putting them in my pockets)

Our guide pointing out all of the interesting trees :)



Makes me happy ...



Top Hat pizza and wine for dinner

strawberry 'ice cream' for dessert

one tired little boy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment